Who is Service Alternatives?
We are a diverse team of people, united and driven by our mission: Advancing the potential of our communities, customers, and ourselves through exceptional service.
We have a strong set of guiding core values through which we think, act and operate our business in order to successfully carry out our vision.
- Integrity: Our values, intentions, words, and actions are in alignment
- Excellence: We each strive toward excellence; together, we embody it.
- Community: Our services provide the support, belonging, and connection central to a meaningful life.
- Respect: We honor the unique contributions and experiences of each individual.
- Customer Service: We listen, take time to understand our customers’ needs, and follow through on our commitments.
- Employee Satisfaction: We each feel valued for our work and supported in advancing our own potential.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Our sound financial management today empowers the services we’ll deliver and the lives we’ll change tomorrow.
Individual and Family Services
Since 1983, our team has supported individuals and families of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to realize their full potential at school, home, work, and in the community. Learn more about each specialized service by going to the following links: Adult Supported Living, Children & Family Services, and Community & Employment Services.
Training and Consultation Services
Since 1990, our team has facilitated learning and growth of schools, hospitals, and a variety of public and private institutions. Learn more by by visiting our Training Institute.
What do we do?
On any given day, you can find SA employees
- presenting to a group of 200 people
- supporting an adult with an intellectual disability to learn how to take the bus
- writing an article about community inclusion
- playing catch with a child
- consulting with a teacher about a child with autism
- interviewing a potential foster family
- conducting a teambuilding training with a team of engineers
- helping someone to reenter the workforce
These are just a few examples! The variety and dynamic nature of our work creates engaging, purposeful, and limitless possibilities...
Where are we?
Our 600 employees and 200 foster families live and work in a variety of communities, from Washington State and beyond. On any given day, our employees could be in Wyoming, New York, California or anywhere training or consultation services are requested. If you need our help, we'll find a way to get there.
How can I find out more?
Please explore our website to get an idea of the many different services we offer. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you!